Warranty and Refund
The exchange of goods of proper quality is carried out if the specified goods were not in use, its presentation, consumer properties, seals, factory labels are preserved, and there is also a sales receipt or a cash receipt or other document confirming payment for the specified goods.
The norms of paragraph 1 of Article 502 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation allow the buyer to exchange the purchased non-food product, if it did not fit for any characteristics, for a similar product within 14 days. If it is impossible to make an exchange of goods, then the buyer can return it and get money back for it.
The procedure for returning the goods is regulated by Article 26.1 of the Federal Law "On Consumer Rights Protection".
1. The consumer has the right to refuse the goods at any time before its transfer, and after the transfer of the goods - within 14 days;
2. The return of goods of proper quality is possible if its presentation, consumer properties, as well as a document confirming the fact and conditions of purchase of the specified goods are preserved;
3. The consumer does not have the right to refuse a product of proper quality having individually defined properties if the specified product can be used exclusively by the person acquiring it;
4. If the consumer refuses the goods, the seller must return to him the amount of money paid by the consumer under the contract, with the exception of the seller's expenses for the delivery of the returned goods from the consumer.
5. The exchange and return of goods is carried out in the presence of a receipt and an identity document (passport or a document replacing it).
If the goods were paid with a bank card, then it is necessary to have it with you, since the refund for the goods is carried out by wire transfer to the cardholder's card when providing a payment terminal receipt.
To make a refund, the buyer writes an application letter addressed to the seller indicating passport data and bank details for transferring funds.
The procedure for returning funds to the buyer-the holder of the payment card when they return the goods previously paid for using the payment card is determined in the intrabank rules. The refund of the cost of the goods is carried out to the buyer's bank card or to his bank account upon request if the card was lost (reissued, account closed, etc.).Taking into account the above, on the basis of the buyer's written application, the funds can be returned to another bank card, but only by the buyer himself, and not by a third party.
The appearance, completeness of the goods and completeness of the entire order must be checked by the buyer upon receipt of the goods. After receiving the order, claims in connection with the presence of external defects of the product, its quantity, completeness and presentation are not accepted.
If you find a defect in the product, you can contact the manufacturer or seller.